Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Alum in Britt


July 27 - Britt, Iowa

I ran into Jeff Nielsen, pictured here, on my stop in Britt this morning. Jeff graduated from Britt High School and later from Simpson College in 1984. Jeff told me that he holds the high school record for the 100 meter dash in Class 2A (10.84). Jeff didn't tell me, but I have learned that he also holds the state record of 21.78 for the 200 meter dash in Class 2A - and both of those records still stand! I also learned that among his other accomplishments, Jeff set Simpson school records in the 100 meter dash and in the 4 x 400 meter relay. It is such fun to encounter Simpson alums along the route. Hopefully I will meet a lot more before this day is over. We are all wearing our Simpson jerseys, the visibility of which helps us to make these fun connections. Looking forward to the alumni gathering late this afternoon in Clear Lake.

John Byrd

No comments:

Post a Comment