We have arranged overnight hosts in each of the overnight RAGBRAI towns for Team Simpson. Each host was asked to provide us with:
- A yard for our riders to pitch their tents from afternoon until the following morning.
- Showers for the riders on the day the group arrives, and access to the bathroom(s).
- A few electrical outlets for the group to plug in cell phones, I-pods and the likes.
- Access to water for water bottle fill-up prior to leaving in the morning.
In addition, Team Simpson’s gear truck will be traveling with:
- a quick set up canopy, for instant shade
- several power strips,
- several coolers full of beverages,
- post-ride snacks and pre-ride granola bars,
- first aid kit,
- several bicycle tire pumps,
- and an abundance of trash bags.
So BYOTT (which translates to bring your own tent and towel), along with your camping and sleeping gear. You may want to consider bringing along a collapsible chair, as we expect riders will come and go from our overnight hosts’ homes as they explore the town. Often, the group will sit outside and visit with each other into the evening. We will welcome our hosts to pull up a chair too, join the group, and continue their “Simpson Experience”.
The next Team Simpson blog post will include information on arrival and departure times of the gear truck, daily maps, and signage for our daily ride.
Until then- keep riding for the red and gold!