Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Top 5 List

Since I only got to do half the ride this year, I will do half a Top Ten List. What follows would be my Top 5 things on the RAGBRAI Ride 2011:

#5 My friend and c0-rider Shawn breaking out his new expo-purchased gloves for the ride on Sunday morning, only to complain about how he did not get a very good deal. Once, however, he figured out the gloves were on the wrong hands and the padding NOT on his palms . . . 30 miles into the ride . . . it seemed a better purdchase.

#4 All the great hospitality of our hosts on the over night stops . . . including the "all you can eat" pasta special at the United Methodist Church in Carroll and the wonderful host families in Glenwood and Atlantic.

#3 The Dedham Bologna-inspired conversation about bologna and SPAM as staples of many of our childhoods, but realizing, that we have never fed it to our children . . . then repeating again that night.

#2 McQueen leading the entire Bloomers patrons . . . willing or unwilling . . . in a rousing rendition of the wave. Whoooooooo!

#1 The awesome job that the Team Simpson group did in making the ride so much fun and making Team Simpson a great RAGBRAI family . . . especially since my own family bailed on me this year.

I am truly thankful to have been a part of RAGBRAI 2011. Have a great rest of the week.

Bob Krapfl

No comments:

Post a Comment